Tree Climber Needed for Fort Worth Area
Harrod’s Arbor Tech – Fort Worth and Weatherford Area Tree Services.
Jan 2019: Harrod’s Arbor Tech is seeking an experienced tree climber to join our crew.
Harrod’s Arbor Tech, located in Weatherford TX, is a professional tree service company with over 20 years experience. We provide exceptional results for homes and commercial locations throughout the Fort Worth area.
Harrod’s Arbor Tech is locally owned and operated by Jimmy (“JJ”) Harrod Jr.
We work with Residential and Commercial clients. Our clients include private homes, churches, land developers, property management companies, public works, schools, highway departments, malls, restaurants and more.
We are anticipating significant growth this year for the business. If you are ambitious, hard-working, and want to work with a professional tree services crew that values knowledge and skills – send us your resume!
Jan 2019 – We Are Seeking an Experienced Tree Climber
Basic Job Information:
1. Must have 5+ years tree climbing experience.
2. Must be able to use tree climbing ropes and saddles.
3. Climbers are responsible for working in trees to perform general tree care.
4. General tree care experience should include tree pruning, tree cabling and bracing, lightning protection and tree removals.
5. Must be able to work some nights and weekends for emergency tree services.
6. Lunch is provided; pay day is every Friday.
What You Will Do:
• Use proper tree pruning techniques.
• Assist in process of trimming trees, clearing and chipping tree debris, and disposing of tree debris.
• Ensure that the work area beneath and around the trees is clear and properly marked to protect the public from falling debris.
• Maintain climbing gear and tree care equipment to be sure that all equipment and tools are safe and in working order for high quality and safety.
• Drive a company truck.
• Follow Company safety policies and procedures.
Tree Climbing and Tree Care Skills and Abilities We Are Seeking:
• Must have 5+ years experience.
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
• Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
• Must be able to maintain focused attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e. rain, heat, sun, cold.
• Must be able to traverse various terrains.
• Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
• Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces.
• Must be able to perform mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
• Must have own transportation to and from the show up location.
• Must be able to lift, move and maneuver heavy weights up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis; and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day.
• Must have sufficient eye sight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
• Experienced or able to become certified in First-Aid and CPR.
• Able to successfully follow directions and complete requests.
• Strong work ethic.
• Good communication skills.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Harrod’s Arbor Tech is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer